TOOLS NEEDED FOR FRAMING FIXED-SIZE KITS:
Phillips Screwdriver, Utility or razor knife, ruler, pencil, transparent tape, small hammer for hanger nails.
EACH FIXED-SIZE KIT INCLUDES:
Frame & Hardware - Foam Backing Board - Glue & Brush - Faceplate -
Hangers & Nails, Instructions.
1) Assemble frame by pushing peg on one end of each piece into hole on
end of next piece as shown. Length of piece in inches is the number shown on bottom of frame section. See Figure-1.
For painting Natural colored Frame, first sand
frame surface with
"very fine" grit sand paper. Then use spray paint made for plastics.
Prepare Foam board backing by measuring and cutting (score & snap) board to the dimensions needed to fit your puzzle frame.
2) Using the frame as a border, place foam board
inside the back of frame to test it will fit. If O.K. place boards on
a flat surface for seam taping on one side.
3) Center tape over seams and apply evenly. When boards are taped
together forming one piece, place it inside
the frame and make sure board fits (See Figure - 2).
4) You can assemble your puzzle on top of the
board by using the frame as a border and the foam board
as a work surface (See Figure - 3 ). Place screws through holes in the
turnbuttons and then into holes in the frame. Face turnbuttons inward.
This will prevent your workboard from popping up during transport.
5) When completely assembled, apply puzzle glue to top face of puzzle
& let dry for about 20 min. (See Figure- 4). You may have to top
coat twice in order to make puzzle stiff for handling later. Always aim
for gluing the cracks in the puzzle
6) When dry, gently remove puzzle from frame. Apply puzzle glue to
foam board surface. Completely cover with glue and work quickly. Center & press puzzle onto board (You can use telephone books as a weight).
NOTE: For undersized puzzles carefully center puzzle on the
board. Gaps at edges of up to 1/2 inch will not show in front
of frame. While puzzle is drying is a good time to fine sand & spray
paint frame if desired. When frame is dry, place frame face down on
7) Lay Faceplate protector into frame first.
Then, place puzzle face down on top of Protector.
8) Tighten screws. Bend turnbuttons down snug against foam board backing
(See Figure - 5).
NOTE: Add the two hangers to two turnbuttons, place screws
through both and place them in two holes on top of frame and tighten
(See Figure - 6 ).
9) Use nails provided to hang your puzzle art for display or you can
simply store it as a collectible.